More people are realizing the importance of looking after their teeth. As well as having a dentist in Bricktown for the care and treatment of your teeth though, you also have the option of using a cosmetic dentist, Bricktown or elsewhere. Nowadays an attractive smile is important in all walks of life, not just for actresses and actors in Hollywood. Cosmetic dentistry is about making small and large changes so that you get that perfect smile more people are trying to achieve today.
Of course, you do not have to stick to the Hollywood smile. If you want something a bit more natural looking that can be achieved too. There are several procedures involved in cosmetic dentistry prospect heights il. Maybe you need some white or natural looking veneers, or maybe you just want those metal fillings changed to white so they do not look so obvious. If there is something in your smile, from gaps, chips to crooked teeth, cosmetic dentistry can help you get it to where you want it.
A cosmetic dentist can be found looking at general practices, dental and health clinics and even online. Just type in dentist in Bricktown or cosmetic dentist Bricktown for example and it will bring up a good number of results for you to take a closer look at. The fees they charge can vary depending on where they are and how qualified and experienced, they are too.
Specialists do tend to charge more than regular dentists. You should make sure you only use properly qualified dentists and if there is a specific procedure you want, try to find one that has specific training and experience in that area. There is no specific training for just cosmetic dentistry but there are specific courses on the kind of procedures people go to a cosmetic dentist for. Typical procedures might include;
- Dental implants – when a patient has one or more teeth missing implants can be made to screw in to replace them.
- Inlays or Onlays – also called indirect fillings made from a resin material will support and strengthen teeth as well as restore their shape and help prevent further deterioration.
- Clear braces – braces can fix and straighten crooked teeth, and gaps between teeth, clear braces though are more popular as they have less of a visual impact.
- Teeth whitening – most basic and common procedures where a dentist whitens or bleaches the teeth to remove stains.
- Porcelain veneers – made to resemble natural teeth and can fix the appearance of teeth that are damaged, cracked, crooked, has large gaps or are discolored.
While a lot of cosmetic dentistry is elective rather than needed, a good cosmetic dentist in Bricktown will do work that both improves the appearance as well as having some restorative benefits too.