Inflammation of your body’s automatic response to defend itself from diseases and illnesses, but chronic inflammation can lead to a number of lifestyle diseases, including obesity & diabetes. It goes without saying that certain inflammatory foods have to be avoided, such as sugary snacks, processed meats, and alcohol, but what can you possibly do to reduce inflammation? Brands such as Global Glow have come up with supplements that can prevent inflammation and boost your immunity to a good extent. Besides that, here are some things you can do to reduce inflammation in your body.
- Eat your greens. Greens are important, and you need to consume them on a regular basis, as a part of your diet plan. Simple greens like kale and spinach are loaded with nutrients. You can add them to salads, or can simply throw the greens in a blender to make your morning smoothie.
- Drink more water. Hydration does help in curbing inflammation and bloating. Drink whenever you feel hungry, but no less than 2.5 liters of water each day, unless your doctor has recommended otherwise for a specific health condition.
- Add fats and protein to your diet. A healthy diet that aims at reducing inflammation should include healthy fats and some form of lean protein. Eat more of chicken breast, lean fishes, and for fats, think of olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, and MCT oil.
- Don’t consume a lot of antibiotics. Yes, you read that right. Antibiotics may be necessary to fight bacterial infections at times, but unless prescribed, avoid all antibiotics. Instead, focus on your diet. If you have been smoking and vaping, it is probably time to quit.
- There is absolutely no substitute to that. If you want to reduce inflammation, you have to exercise. It could be just 45 minutes of brisk walking each day, but that will help in spending the extra calories and reduce bloating considerably.
Finally, sleep is necessary and critical for fighting inflammation and for your overall health. Stick to a routine and sleep for at least seven to eight hours each day, which will help your body to rest and will also reset the clock biologically. Try and eat as natural as possible and avoid eating junk. Most of the time, high-carb diets and junk food are responsible for causing excessive inflammation, which can be easily avoided. For supplements and natural products, check online now!